Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Qashqai is coming to North America, and a big reason for that is the model's extraordinary success in Europe. The model has become the highest-volume seller for the brand of all time with over 2,368,705 units sold in the last decade. All of those were built at Nissan's Sunderland plant in the UK.

The Nissan Qashqai has become the first car in UK history to go beyond two million units in such a brief interval. After all, they make around 1,200 Qashqai units every day, so it was a matter of time until the Japanese brand reached this milestone. On average, Nissan builds a Qashqai every 62 seconds. That means that 58 new Nissan Qashqai cars are built every hour.
This year Nissan will celebrate 30 years of manufacturing in the UK at their Sunderland facility. The factory currently builds the Qashwai, Juke, Leaf, Note and Infiniti Q30.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/nissan-s-qashqai-has-become-the-brand-s-highest-volume-car-ever-in-europe-105401.html#

·
Registered
363 Posts
Glad to hear they'll bring it over here, i just hope that when they do, styling unique to the American market will be part of it as well and not just something they just start selling without many changes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like European styling it's just that i want them to give us a look unique to the american market.
That's a terrible argument. You say you like the design, so its not like the design is somehow ugly to North America, and therefore in need of a change.

So if there is no reason to change it other than for the **** of it, why would Nissan do it? it would just cost them a whole bunch of money.

Finally, this is their best selling model in Europe, so it obviously has a design that is working really well in attracting customers. Why then would they go and star messing with the design of their best selling vehicle?

No offence. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think there's going to be a huge demand for it in NA. Nissan's Sunderland factory will ramp up production of the Qashqai crossover to meet global demands and they were already building a lot of them to begin with. This could be Nissan's highest volume seller in NA too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just look at what most car makers do with vehicles sold in different markets, no further explanation needed.
With certain vehicles, but not all of them. There has to be a reason behind it. They do not just do it for the sake of it. There are plenty of vehicles that have exactly the same design whether its in NA or Europe or elsewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just out of my curiosity as to why it was names Qashqai. lol

Quote:

"The Japanese brand has confirmed pricing and specifications for its new, oddly-named Qashqai which replaces the Dualis and squeezes in between its city-sized Juke and recently-arrived all-new X-Trail.

And Nissan Australia’s new boss, Richard Emery, says the decision to shift to the European Qashqai badge was heavily debated within the organisation, but believes the new model is significantly improved over the Dualis that it can justify the switch.

"The question was asked of us by dealers, whether they really had to change the naming again," Emery told Drive.

“I have to say that if ever there was a car that could carry off the name change this is it. This is the time to do it."

“Qashqai represents a huge opportunity for Nissan in Australia. For new car buyers, it is the complete package,” he added."

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not really what the name actually means, more how it came to be. Also, the Rogue is still Nissan’s best-selling model in the U.S.
Actually, the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, and Nissan Rogue are the most popular three crossovers sold in the world.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts