·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I'm now seeing 2 different p/n's for the NS3 fluid:
999MP-NS300P
999MP-CV0NS3

What gives? One supplier site says the CV0 replaces the NS3.....another supplier site says CV0 is discontinued.
Anyone on good speaking terms with their service shop who can verify what is going on? I can get both types from Amazon but would like to get the latest release.
I'm getting ready to do a mini fluid exchange on the Sport over Christmas / New Year. It has 33K miles on it. I'm planning to use the MPV extractor, pull warm fluid through the dipstick tube, let it cool for 24 hrs then replace what is extracted.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry can't help w/the NS3 fluid question. I'll be using Idemitsu CVTF-type N3 when time comes for my pan drop. Good idea about keeping the temp the same w/both fluid coming out/going in. Why not just driving on ramps (W/jack stands also) and draining the fluid through the drain plug? The gasket is the same as you would use w/oil changes. I would think more fluid would come out as well as any metal shavings. Please report back about the condition of the used fluid and how much you're able to drain out. Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Sparky,
I did think about the ramps/ drain plug approach but was concerned if some didn't make it into the drain pan. Though I would agree that I'm likely to get more out of the sump. I will report back on how much I'm able to extract using the BigBoy MVP and the color etc.

Thanks and happy hols to you also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts