Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking of getting the carbon fiber (CF) trim for my white SL; just to break up the monotone color. I’ve seen it made for the Qashqai. However, most places (online) only sell the ABS plastic with the design and are not genuine CF. What do you guys think?

Nissan offers a chrome version, but it kinda takes away from the “sport” in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you're going for a black trunk lid look, why not piano black instead of carbon fiber? At a distance, you might not even notice the carbon fiber design and the weight reduction is not, in my opinion, worth the premium you pay for real carbon fiber. Unless you plan to track your Rouge Sport. ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely not tracking it. Having modded a few Nissans and owning others, I know the MR20 engine can’t draw much more power without major a reprogrammed throttle body, bigger intake and exhaust.

In any matter, I know it serves no purpose other than appeal. I didn’t consider Piano Black before because I only found the carbon fiber browsing through sites like eBay - but I would consider it. My only reservation against it (if I’m imagining it correctly) is that the Piano Black would give off more of a glossy look that would seem a bit out of place since the other plastic pieces around are matte black. Thanks for the suggestion though! I’m gonna look more into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts