Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've noticed that every time I turn on my Nissan Rogue Sport the radio shows this introductory message that sticks around for a good 5-6 seconds.
I find it quite annoying and was wondering if anyone new how to disable it?:surprise:
I tried looking through the "limited" settings of the radio but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't think it's something you can turn off, at least not that I'm aware of. Similar to the startup clips you see, I think they're there to stay. But maybe your dealer will have some idea?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Often features like that are accessible through the pages that dealers have access to but I think you'd discover they won't both changing it unless it was a real problem to them. But still give it a shot if you do go to the dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah unfortunately I think start up messages are built into the infotainment software. I know there are vehicles that allow you to choose a start up image or background image, but I don't know if the Rogue is one such model. If it can't be changed you could always go for aftermarket, though imo that doesn't seem worth it for your problem aha.

·
Registered
363 Posts
A lot of these things are dealer settings so hopefully something can be done, odds are it can't.
Its only when you get really high up to brands like Mercedes and Audi that these systems allow for a high level of customization

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd assume they came from factory. Same thing with my old LExus, kept showing some safety warning message and there was nothing I could do about it aside from waiting.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'd assume they came from factory. Same thing with my old LExus, kept showing some safety warning message and there was nothing I could do about it aside from waiting.
Exactly. At least in the future they will be able to diagnose this stuff remotely much like how Tesla is able to send vehicle firmware updates over the air.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Would be nice if they gave us the option to agree to the message once in a while so it doesn't pop up constantly upon startup, like how some sites makes you agree to cookies once and that's it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unless you're someone that's technologically inclined enough to do a root on the system software, I think you may be stuck with the welcome message. Pretty sure those prompts are mandated by safety regulations.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Safety regulations?! I don't think so...It's Nissan advertising BS. Something about allowing your vehicle to transmit information back to Nissan or something.
I wonder if there's a way to update the software for the radio?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts