Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi1 I'm a new Rogue Sport owner and was looking to upgrade the stop and backup lights to LED. I can't find anything to explain how to get to the lamps. Is there some secert method? Lots of 'how too's' on the web for the Rogue - none for the Sport. Any help would be appereciated! Thanks.:nerd:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I changed the backup bulbs in my wife's Rogue Sport to LED's as well. I found a video on YouTube for Nissan Qashqai backup lights and it was the same. Open the hatch, there is one screw on the right side that you have to remove (the handle area where you may put your hand to close it) and then the were a few plastic retainers to remove then I stuck my hand in the area for the handle and started pressing down to force the clips to let go. Every time one popped loose, it sounded like something was breaking but after getting the whole cover off, nothing was broken and it gave access to the bulbs. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accomplished this without having to remove anything but the interior shroud on the hatch. Ruined one of the plastic rivets but I bought a kit with 410 fasteners on eBay for about $12. It even came with a removal tool and a selection of orange plastic blades and pry bars. The openings in the hatch were wide enough to accept the LED bulb in the socket and it was easy to replace both bulbs. Now, when I back up, I have light from my garage all the way down to the street - 85 feet away! Big improvement for small price.

I FINALLY got the drivers side combination light assembly off the car in order to replace the brake light. The passenger side combination light is still on - that just won't budge and I've tried just about everything I can think of sort of using a steel pry bar on it. Honestly, I was sort of disappointed in the LED brake light - it's marginally brighter than the old halogen bulb that was in there. I'm tempted to just leave that stubborn lens alone. The last thing I want is to break the cover since these are so pricey.

I did find that a modest amount of lubrication on the slot at the front and on the pins makes pulling the lens assembly much easier. I only wish someone at Nissan would notice this and do it at the factory!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LCD Out - Halogen In!

For those interested in this topic - I removed the LCD brake light from the driver's side combination light yesterday and reinstalled the halogen bulb. The halogen is actually quite a bit brighter than the LCD in this application.

As I indicated above, putting a bit of lube (white grease) on the slot and into the receptacles for the pins made removal of the lens a breeze - remove the 10MM bolts and a simple tug and it came free. I am still unable to free the passenger's side light. If the bulbs ever burn out, I will attempt it but, until that time, it stays as is! I do not feature spending around $200 on a new lens after I break the installed one. I learned many years ago not to 'fix' what isn't broken and that you poke a sleeping tiger in the eye with a sharp stick at your own peril! :grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any videos on how to replace the cabin air filter and engine air filter? I could not find the cabin and the engine air filter seems difficult to replace.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are there any videos on how to replace the cabin air filter and engine air filter? I could not find the cabin and the engine air filter seems difficult to replace.
Welcome, we have a thread on the forum for the cabin air filter.

https://www.roguesportforum.com/for...rior/1497-2017-cabin-air-filter-location.html

I haven't changed the air filter yet, so can't offer up any info on that one.

You can also look up videos on the Nissan Qashqai to see if you can find videos on changing the filters.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I changed both. The engine air filter was a breeze - remove the air inlet, pull that plastic rivit and undo two clips on the air filter box. Pull the old filter, replace with a new one (watch the orientation of the new filter!) reassemble.

On the cabin filter - that involves quite a bit of contortion to get to the cover located in the passengers foot well. As you peer into the dim recesses of the foot well, look to the left up against the firewall where it meets the center console. There you'll see a ring . Pull the ring and you will remove the cover. Reach in and pull the old filter out. Squeeze the new filter in and push it through the hole. You'll have to start at the top of the filter and work it through the hole. Keep pushing until it's inside. Now reach in and work it until it's fully open. Put the cover back on and go back inside and take two Aleve for your aching back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts