Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Been looking all over for instructions to replace the license plate bulbs and I can't find anything about it. Anyone here already replaced them with LED bulbs that can tell me how to get to the bulb?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, Been looking all over for instructions to replace the license plate bulbs and I can't find anything about it. Anyone here already replaced them with LED bulbs that can tell me how to get to the bulb?
I would definitely like to do that same with mine, please let me know if you find anything out on this, if not on the this forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cooler17, I have looked all over the internet, in google, in youtube, even on the website where I purchased the bulbs. Nothing!!! But I will let you know if I figure this out without breaking something LOL.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update!!!

OK, finally found a video (sorry I don't have the link) on how to change the license plate bulbs without taking out the back cover. Just push the housing to the left and pull down and it will pop out. Same on the right side bulb. Here is the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it did. Put in the side with the connector first and then push up on the other side and it snaps in tight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OK, finally found a video (sorry I don't have the link) on how to change the license plate bulbs without taking out the back cover. Just push the housing to the left and pull down and it will pop out. Same on the right side bulb. Here is the picture.
Awesome. Thanks. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey WJorge, been wanting to change the bulb on mine as well. Want to make them blue or red (not sure yet).
Can you post the link where you bought yours? Also, is it easy to install? Plug and play?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey WJorge, been wanting to change the bulb on mine as well. Want to make them blue or red (not sure yet).
Can you post the link where you bought yours? Also, is it easy to install? Plug and play?
Well I got mine at PRECISIONLED https://www.precisionled.com/
I ordered the Premium Interior Kit and added the license plate bulbs.
https://www.precisionled.com/nissan-rogue-premium-led-interior-package-2014-present.html

They had 6000K and 8000K, blue, red. You may want to call them and order just the license plate and make sure they have it in the color you want.

They are easy to install; plug-and-play. See at the beginning of this thread. I have a picture and explain how to do it. You don't have to take off the inside back cover.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey WJorge67....So I finally purchased the blue LED replacement bulbs on carid.com and should be getting them soon. I followed your instructions and I noticed that once the housing pops off, the connector is a bit inside and doesn't come out much. I'm hoping to not have a problem connecting it back in :-(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey WJorge67....So I finally purchased the blue LED replacement bulbs on carid.com and should be getting them soon. I followed your instructions and I noticed that once the housing pops off, the connector is a bit inside and doesn't come out much. I'm hoping to not have a problem connecting it back in :-(
Yes, I experienced that too on the right one. I just tugged on it a bit and it was enough to disconnect and reconnect. If you notice, the clip is to the left and the connector is to the right. So, when you are ready to pop it back in, connect the wire, then put in the wire side (right) first, then push up the left side and it will click into place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts