Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2018 Rogue Sport today, and I'm already wondering if I made a mistake.

I didn't notice it in the test drive of a few miles, but when I drove it home (quite a distance), I noticed that the heel of my right foot was really getting sore from the position it had to be in for the accelerator. I've moved the seat and steering wheel around numerous times (I have the power seat), and as yet I haven't found a comfort zone. I'm hoping I just got my foot sore by having it in the wrong position to begin with, but I'm really concerned.

Has anyone else had an issue with comfort of their "pedal foot"? If so, did you finally find the right position?

Thanks. Any help I can get would be appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just purchased my 2018 Rogue Sport today, and I'm already wondering if I made a mistake.

I didn't notice it in the test drive of a few miles, but when I drove it home (quite a distance), I noticed that the heel of my right foot was really getting sore from the position it had to be in for the accelerator. I've moved the seat and steering wheel around numerous times (I have the power seat), and as yet I haven't found a comfort zone. I'm hoping I just got my foot sore by having it in the wrong position to begin with, but I'm really concerned.

Has anyone else had an issue with comfort of their "pedal foot"? If so, did you finally find the right position?

Thanks. Any help I can get would be appreciated.
Hi Jimbomatic. I also have the electric seat. The longest trip I have taken in mine is about 30 miles one way. Done that many times. I don't feel any discomfort at all. I am only 5'4'' and as long as my arms are almost completely stretched out to reach the wheel, I feel comfortable in that sitting position. Maybe you were having a bad heel day. :smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jimbomatic. I also have the electric seat. The longest trip I have taken in mine is about 30 miles one way. Done that many times. I don't feel any discomfort at all. I am only 5'4'' and as long as my arms are almost completely stretched out to reach the wheel, I feel comfortable in that sitting position. Maybe you were having a bad heel day. :smile2:
I'm beginning to think I need to raise the seat up. I have had it at it's lowest level and in order to not have my legs/feet cramped, I've had to really extend my arms to reach the steering wheel (even with the wheel pulled all the way out). Thus, my legs/feet have been cramped.

I'm so used to driving a regular car that I found it unusual to sit so high. But I'm think that MIGHT be the answer. I'm 5-8, so it's not that I have legs that are all that long. Being 5-4, you probably have even less legs to cramp. Do you have the seat sitting low or high?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm beginning to think I need to raise the seat up. I have had it at it's lowest level and in order to not have my legs/feet cramped, I've had to really extend my arms to reach the steering wheel (even with the wheel pulled all the way out). Thus, my legs/feet have been cramped.

I'm so used to driving a regular car that I found it unusual to sit so high. But I'm think that MIGHT be the answer. I'm 5-8, so it's not that I have legs that are all that long. Being 5-4, you probably have even less legs to cramp. Do you have the seat sitting low or high?
You are probably correct. I do have my seat pretty high. That is one of the things I love about this car. I feel like I am sitting on a comfortable chair at home. And yes my legs are not cramped and are pretty much in a natural sitting position.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe try raising the seat higher without moving it forward. That should give you more leg room and not as awkward an angle, though your arms may be hanging lower than you're used to.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Distance from your steering wheel is important too, often I see people sitting too close and just end up not having a comfortable experience. Try moving your seat back enough so there's a slight bend in your arms once at 10-2 and that you can still easily reach the pedals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts