Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've been thinking of getting the cross-bars for my 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL.
It came with the roof rails. I havent seen any pics of this vehicle with the cross-bars so I'm not sure how they would look.I kinda like the look without it but....it may look even sportier with them on.
Only picture I really found was the stock picture below from the Nissan website. They look a little "square" on the top and not sure if they would look nice. I'm only really doing it for aesthetics purposes but they may come in handy in the future if I buy a new mattress or something.

Anyway, was wondering if any of you have a pictures you can post to see if they look good.

My dealer has them for $250.00. (expensive, I know)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
IMO, don't buy them just for the looks. If you ski, surf or kayak, the roof rack would obviously be convenient. However I have never been a fan of putting bikes on a roof rack. I don't think i can use my trunk bike rack on the QQ without damaging the spoiler. If i were to haul bikes on the QQ, I would probably opt for a hitch mount. Fortunately one of my other vehicles is a Grand Cherokee which can be used for all my heavy hauling. If you buy a mattress or some other bulky item, just pay a few bucks for the delivery. I've seen too many mattresses on the side of highways.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, again, I'm doing it for the look. I've already done a bunch of changes & additions to the vehicle to make it look nice. The money is not an issue for me.
I just dont know if the square look of the cross bars would look good compared to the look of not having them. I dont ski, surf or kayak but I do mountain bike. That's another thing I need to figure out....a bike rack.
Im not a fan of putting bikes on a roof either. I dont know who invented that!

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A roof rack will add wind noise and cut down on MPG. If you have sunroof, I'd be grateful it doesn't have a roof rack. How many times would this come of use? Changes the "look" for sure. If it's something you want, by all means go for it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wind noise and lower mpg is the standard warning whenever you add cross bars. My owners manual for my Grand Cherokee recommends that the cross bars be slid to the most rear position to save gas. I don't bother because it looks so dorky. And with the volume of my stereo, I can't hear anything outside.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I actually like the looks of the cross bars on my Sport. I don't notice any wind noise in town or on the highway. As far as the mpg, no clue as the Sport came with them already installed. I didn't ask for them to be added, just was on the one I wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have cross bars too, and they are very noisy when you have a head wind. I live in Miami and usually we have an east breeze and I can hear the difference when there is no wind.

But I don't care too much about it. I put up the volume on my radio and it goes away.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Cooler, thanks for the pics! I like the the color too.
Well, Im considering the cross bars....at $250 :-/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts