Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there is a setting that allows you to do over the air (via wi-fi) software updates to the Rogue Sport. Unfortunately, my wi-fi password is way too long to be accepted by the Nissan system (which seems to have a character limitation) to allow me to add this system to my home network. Does anyone know if Nissan charges for this service when you take it to a dealer? I might be able to use an available hot spot to do the download (if I can find one I trust enough to actually use).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same issue, before the update I couldn't put a $ in the password in the Sport. I temporarily changed the password of my wi-fi to allow the car to connect and update, then changed my password back.

Side note, when you get to the end and it says to shut the car off and turn it back on, when you shut the car off, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, if you just go off then on, the update won't finish.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue, before the update I couldn't put a $ in the password in the Sport. I temporarily changed the password of my wi-fi to allow the car to connect and update, then changed my password back.

Side note, when you get to the end and it says to shut the car off and turn it back on, when you shut the car off, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, if you just go off then on, the update won't finish.

Thanks! I think ll try the hot spot first. I have a fairly complex home network and really don't want to mess this up (multiple servers for print and storage, multiple PCs and Macs, plus IPhone and Android phones and a VPN thrown in for good measure).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wait...what year Rogue Sport we talking about here?
What kind of update?
How do I do this?
Pls help...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wait...what year Rogue Sport we talking about here?
What kind of update?
How do I do this?
Pls help...
I just posted about my 19 Sport CD player not working and found this on Youtube. I might just try it to see if it will help. Anyway thought it might help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts