Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota's Qashqai rival should be expected in stores early next year and Toyota is saying it will stay close to the C-HR concept's ostentatious styling.

The latest small CUV into the game is expected to debut at Geneva in March of 2016, based on Toyota New Global Architecture.

Toyota claims that one of the larger benefits of TNGA is that it allows for enhanced interior space. Supposedly the Paris concept had similar interior space to the Qashqai despite being somewhat smaller.

New Toyota UK president Paul van der Burgh did say that “the high growth rate of sales of that sort of vehicle would be very good for us. The concept was excellent and the styling in particular stood out. If such a product were to launch, I’m confident 
it could be a best seller."

Considering the growth spurt the segment has gone through over the last 2 years we're surprised it took Toyota this long to reply...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't think the blue car in the picture is the TNGA. That one is the toyota CHR and the front doesn't look too bad. A nice shade of blue too but the rear seems a bit over designed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think the blue car in the picture is the TNGA. That one is the toyota CHR and the front doesn't look too bad. A nice shade of blue too but the rear seems a bit over designed.
WTF?

TNGA stands for Toyota New Global Architecture. Its a production system and platform not a specific model... It was linked to in the OP... http://dailykanban.com/2015/03/toyotas-tnga-tps-2-0/

·
Registered
363 Posts
just because its over styled doesnt mean its appealing toyota!!
Agree.

While that isn't something that makes it appealing, what it does accomplish is getting it attention and standing out among the crowd which when pulling in buyers could help to an extent.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I can see that happening, seems like Scion wants more vehicles to add to its line up.... they just added the iA and iM, sure seems like they could slot something in right above that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If it does turn out to be a Scion vehicle then we can expect it to come with only 1 trim. That does seem to be what they are going for.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Scion trademarked S-FR, so that might be this is something else.

Interested in seeing what that turns out being since they were also said to be coming out with a sedan.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tough to say at this point since that concept isn't close to properly representing production model. It could be what serves as the design foundation for the brands SUV line up .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts