Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else hear a variety of road noise with the roguesport or qashqai?
Ours has the 19” rims with the low profile tires? Doesn’t matter the road speed but on certain lanes the vehicle emits a hum like noise, change lanes and it might go away, switch back to previous lane and it comes back. Dealer says it’s due to the low profile wheels. Hum...What is your experience with this? Anyone driving on with 17” wheels with an all round quiet ride?
Thanks for your comments
B

·
Registered
118 Posts
Larger diameter w/less side wall tires will offer better handling but will not offer a comfortable ride (compared to a 17" tire) generally. Also depends on the suspension and the tire. New car many times do not come w/the better tires. You may have to look into top tier tires w/the best ride. I personally prefer a smaller diameter just for this reason. (They ride better and take potholes much better because there's more sidewall to adsorb the impact.) Also, cost less when it's time to replace. Consider asking your dealer for a swap for some 17" rims? Don't know what brand of tire is on your car, but your other option is to buy a new set. Discount Tire Direct here in the States is where I order most of my tires from when there's a sale. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I replaced my 17s with taller and beefier AT tires and ride is soooo quiet and comfortable :)
215/70 R16 Yokohama G015

·
Registered
92 Posts
Man, gotta be honest, havent had any noise issues at all with my 2017 Rogue Sport.
Only noise issue I'm concerned with is when I ad the roof rails. I read on here that you may get some noise that way on the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts