Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will all NA Qashqais come from the UK? I seriously doubt one facility will have the capability of supplying the entire NA market. The Rogue has to be shipped in from Japan alongside local production just to meet demand...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I won't mind that as long as build quality is from the UK is good and that the UK is known for building good cars. Could be cheaper for them overall to do that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't mind that as long as build quality is from the UK is good and that the UK is known for building good cars. Could be cheaper for them overall to do that.
I didn't say there is a problem with UK built Qashqais...just that I doubt one facility is capable of keeping pace with total demand...

·
Registered
363 Posts
That is true, unless they plan on expanding production at that same plant, then there's the possibility of setting up production in North America for NA specific models, something I can see happening

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is true, unless they plan on expanding production at that same plant, then there's the possibility of setting up production in North America for NA specific models, something I can see happening
I wonder if they could build it in Tennessee with the Rogue, the two are platform mates...

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's the best thing to do since both are bound to have some interchangeable parts and the plant optimized for that type of vehicle. At least its not getting built down in Mexico :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
You're right about that one, it's something that could eventually happening.

If they really want to move these which i can imagine they want, building it on american soil could do wonders for them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You're right about that one, it's something that could eventually happening.

If they really want to move these which i can imagine they want, building it on american soil could do wonders for them.
Building it on Mexican soil seems like the best option actually. That is cheapest and closest to America. Best return on your dollar.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Good point. With no need for moving them by ship I bet that adds another per since it's just by train and/or truck to get them across the boarder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts