Nissan Rogue Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2020 Rogue Sport. Strange thing, I don't see a dialpad icon when I'm on a phone call. For example, when you call Home Depot you're asked to select 1 for customer service, 2 for Plumbing, 3 for Garden Center, etc. Well I need the dialpad to select a number but I don't see a dialpad icon. Nissan USA didn't know, my local Nissan dealer doesn't know. My 2018 Hyundai Kona has a dialpad icon and it comes in very handy when checking my voice messages: Select 1 to repeat, 7 to delete, 9 to save, etc. Please don't tell me my 2020 Nissan doesn't have one. That would be simply ridiculous.

·
Registered
47 Posts

This video is for the Rogue, but the system should be similar. I haven't actually ever received a call in my wife's car, but from the video it looks like when on the call screen, there is an option for dial number, guessing that would bring up the phone dialpad. Again, this is just a guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out. When on a call, the dial pad is available only if the car is stopped which is pretty lame. If you are listening to your voice mail while driving you will not be able to bring up the dial pad and therefore won't be able to save your messages or repeat them or delete them unless you come to a stop. Suppose your on a highway? What are you supposed to do, exit the highway? The dial pad is operated with a simple touch of the screen just like the radio so there's no reason why it shouldn't be available while driving. It's not a safety issue. Actually, Nissan should have installed a better touchscreen system. My Hyundai Kona's touchscreen is far more user friendly and well laid out.

This coupled with the inadequate engine leaves me somewhat disappointed with my new car and reaffirms that Nissan is absolutely not in the same league with Honda and Toyota, or even Hyundai.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts